Monday, July 13, 2009

Les Premiers Jours à paris

Saturday I arrived safely in Paris after a six hour drive which covered most of the country from south to north. We are staying just outside of Paris in a suburb called Anthony. Today everyone at the base and tonight we will have our first meeting, getting ready for tomorrow’s beginning of all the happenings. Yesterday we went to Paris in the evening just to walk around and get a bite to eat. We got off the train at Norte Dame and saw the church. We walked around a bit, saw the original Paris, the Seine, and a park downtown. I took a few preliminary pictures, but the good ones will comes over the course of the next two weeks spent downtown. My first week, we will be working on the river directly in front of the Eiffel Tower, which will be interesting. Today, I am going on a self-guided tour of the city, making sure to hit the hotspots and then the less popular spots that have been noted to me by the locals. Before I head back, I have to meet someone and pickup 130 maps of Paris, enough for every person for the next two weeks. After my mission, I will head back and begin the Summer of Service! Here are just a few of the pictures I snapped yesterday. I am currently at a MacDonald’s with free wifi, but I won’t be able to make it here every day. However, I will post whenever I get the chance.
P.S. I tried to upload some pictures, but ran out of time. Sorry about that.
-A plus

No comments:

Post a Comment