Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Le Énergie Nucléaire


So today I have been hearing sirens go off for the past few hours coming from the nuclear power plant here in town. I'm talking loud. We are probably 2 miles away, maybe less, and from inside it is crazy loud. So, I decided to look it up on the internet. It seems that this plant makes about 6% of the power in France? Wow... Also, if you look at the article, it seems that accidents have happened here. Now I'm intrigued as to what all the fuss is about.
Check out the article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricastin_Nuclear_Power_Center

On another note, today we are moving in another staff member to the base. She is renting a house near the base and we are moving her from Paris today. She will be arriving in just a few hours and we will be helping her unload. Best thing is, she's French, so that means someone to help me with my language abilities.

This weekend I may be going on a retreat with a local church, even though I really don't know anyone. No one speaks english so it struck my attention. I will let you know!

A bientot

No comments:

Post a Comment