Thursday, June 11, 2009

Les Piétons de Venise

3,784 pedestrians were killed or seriously injured on the streets of London is 2008. This is not unique to London, even though it is one of the most dangerous places to walk in the world. Many cities experience problems with pedestrian deaths as they grow and the amount of vehicles increase. Today while kayaking, I had a revelation.

In Venice, seeing as pedestrians are those walking on the sides of canals and using boat taxis, is the number one danger to pedestrians drowning? I mean, it is called "The Drowning City".

This question stirred for a while, until I looked it up when I got back. I found very few statistics related to that or mention of it at all. However, I did find this, which definitely says something.

Brad Pitt saves young man in Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment